11.05.2008

Chloe's new abilities

Chloe is just getting cuter and funner every day. (By the way, "funner" is the correct form of the adjective.) She is now army crawling all over the living room, exploring every nook and crannie. She has found the dvds (which she pushes farther and farther into the tv table), the blanket basket (which she tried to climb like a rope in gym class), Josh's computer and cord (she's drawn to it like a magnet!) and -my personal favorite - an empty 2 liter bottle of Pepsi that I gave her. She crawl all the way across the room to get it, and, as soon as she gets it, it rolls farther away. She could follow it around the living room all day. Who says that we need expensive toys? She also learned recently to climb - head first - out of her bumbo chair, so now we have to keep a close eye on her when she's in that. I put her in a high chair at a restaurant recently but had to keep her pretty far away from the table so she wouldn't try to put her hands in my food or grab my silverware. It seems like she's becoming more attached to me. If she can see me, she doesn't want to play in her jumper or on the floor. She's fine if I'm playing with her, but she doesn't want to play by herself. If she's on the floor and my feet are on the floor, she'll crawl to them and try to climb up my legs. It's endearing. :)
Today, thinking Chloe was sleepy, I put her down for a nap. After half an hour, she still wasn't asleep, so I went in and she was just playing with the bumper. When she saw me, she just smiled and smiled.

No comments: