
Hello, friends! It's about time for the monthly post. I've been reading a lot of other people's blogs recently about a variety of topics but especially on people who have like a $30/week grocery budget and how to make healthy food for not a ton of money. These people update their blogs daily; this one that I've been reading has like 5 updates a day. This begs the question: how?! I'm looking at toys and DVDs spread all over the living room floor, a suitcase still unpacked from a trip we returned from a week ago, an 8-seater dining room table that can't be eaten on bc of all the stuff on top, and a pile of cracker crumbs that chloe made during snack time (and then fell face first into causing them all to stick to her face...hahaha). And that's just what I can see! I won't even start on the kitchen or bathrooms. How can people update their blogs so much? Oh well. I guess that proves the point that we make time for the things that we want to make time for.
This brings us to the reason I'm writing today: to avoid the two things I should be doing while Chloe sleeps - grading and cleaning. These are not things that I feel like making time for right now.
Chloe turned 10 months old on Sunday, which made me realize that time flies and also that there are no 10 month old size clothes. I was looking for an Easter dress for Chloe and couldn't decide between 9 month old size or 12 month old. There is a big difference!? But, I digress. Chloe has recently taken up reading. One day, I sat her down on my lap and read her a book. She was a little squirmy and didn't really understand, but now she brings me books to read to her. While I'm not reading to her, she pulls out books to "read" herself (see picture). She even has favorites already. I hope that she enjoys reading as she grows up bc Josh and I really love reading (what we hate? library fines).
Today, Chloe and I went out for my long run for this week, nine miles. I was a little worried since Chloe weights like 20lbs plus the weight of the stroller and all the stuff in the bottom (diaper bag, snacks, toys, water). The only place I could think of to safely run nine miles was on the super-hilly ten miler course which is killer when you're not pushing a stroller. Nevertheless, with the help of the wonderful weather (58F and sunny w/o wind) and Chloe's good nature, we made it. It was encouraging after a week of not being able to run at all.
Good news! Chloe now has begun saying the glottal sounds - "g" and "k". sometimes she says things that we think sound like words like "tickle, tickle, tickle", "hey!" and "thank you!" but we don't think they're real words. our friend saucy asked if she was saying his name yet, and we said "Yes, she calls you 'bababa'". btw, we miss our friends, bols and saucy, a lot. Sometimes i watch "along came polly" bc jennifer aniston's character is bols, and then i watch george lopez bc he and saucy are like the same person. It's almost as good as hanging out with them.
Ok, grading and cleaning time. See you next month friends!
4 comments:
you call that a shoutout? pishhh.. pothetic. I think I'm going to tell Turk to stop being your friend...
Welcome to motherhood!=) There are days that it seems there is too much to clean, too much laundry, and didn't I just give the kids baths? how could they be ready for another one, did I not rinse out the tub last time, what is that?......it could go on forever! Anyway! Sadie turned me on to Flylady, and that has helped me out A LOT! You will have to check it out (when you find the time)!=)
I loved your post! I can relate so much! For me, too, it's often pick and choose. Do I pick up the books all over the floor now, or just wait and do it when there's toys mixed in with them? And why is Elli's high chair always covered with crumbs and banana goop? And how in the world did she figure out that she can scrape crayons with her fingernails? Yet, mommyhood is the best. :) ps. did you decide on a dress for Easter? I hate trying to figure out sizes!!! :)
I love that Chloe is reading already! She really does take after her mom!
Post a Comment